Hi Guys! I'm new to Linux and tired of windows

Raseel Bhagat raseelbhagat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 18:16:20 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Neil <hok.krat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/21/08, Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> True, but we were just pointing him to a solution we would chose. Gimp
> is more than sufficient for most Photoshop users, and it might solve
> his problems. The simple answer to his question was already given: No
> CS3 does not work (yet) under wine while CS2 does.
>
> > Thus, while I agree that education about Gimp is good and
> > proper, the pertinent question is giving information about Photoshop
> > under wine. And the answer to that is a resounding YES for CS2 with
> > wine 0.9.55 (and for Photoshop 7) and NO for CS3.

So Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator runs with wine on Linux. They have
alternatives (albiet not yet as advanced) in the Linux world, viz G.I.M.P,
Scribus, Inkscape, etc.

Bur I have never heard of anyone succesfully running Corel on Linux (not
with the free software like wine at least), nor have I ever heard of a Corel
alternative.

Can anyone of you shed light on this

Thanks,
Raseel