Upgrade from Breezy

Felipe Figueiredo philsf79 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 17:41:32 UTC 2008

On Thu 21 Feb 2008 13:25:11 Andy wrote:
> On 21/02/2008, Sam Przyswa <samp at arial-concept.com> wrote:
> > I never ask to install Postfix 2.4.5 I just "apt-get dist-upgrade" !
>
> You must have added backports at some point. (you may have forgotten
> you have done this).
> apt-get goes for the newest version backports was the newest version
> and presumably Mailscanner didn't have anything in the dependencies
> that said don't use a new version of Postfix.
>
> > Ok but HOW to downgrade safely to the 2.2.10 with the right
> >  dependencies ?
>
> First off create a backup of everything.

[follows lots of  good information for apt-get]

What about aptitude's TUI? I always use it, because beign interatively
menu-driven it's very easy (IMHO) to select complex combinations of
packages/versions.

Sam, if you never used it, I strongly recommend it. Follow the help once you
get it.

> Let us know if this does/doesn't work.

regards
FF