(k)ubuntu quality updates

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Thu Feb 21 08:55:07 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm experiencing strange problems in
software updates. For example, yesterday I issued an apt-get upgrade and this
morning, after a reboot, my ethernet card was not picking up the dhcp
address. A quick check shown me that the eth0 has disappeared from
the /etc/networks/interfaces file!
Moreover, even after fixing this, kmail was refusing to download mails,
without any problem or warning popup, but simply saying that the were no
messages. I forced the system to do another update, then rebooted and this
time the machine worked fine.
This is not the first time that an upgrade produces problems to me, am I doing
something wrong?

Luca