Wireless connection sharing

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 21 01:31:38 UTC 2008

On 02/20/2008 05:13 PM, steve wrote:

> NoOp wrote:
>
> | Does anyone know a simple, easy way that he can connect to the desktop's
> | nic (while the desktop is connected via wireless) to the nic connector
> | on his laptop in order to download drivers etc?
>
> crossover cable from the desktop to the laptop?  im assuming the laptop
> has an ethernet port.... or why not just plug the laptop into the router?

Sorry, correction was he has no access to the router. It's a free
connection (I suspect off of a neighbors router), so he has no ability
to access the router.

I don't think a crossover cable will work without something telling the
system to pipe data from the wireless connection to the nic port, but
thanks anyway :-)