Looking for a CLI tool for MP3 tagging

Sridhar M.A. mas at mylug.org
Thu Feb 21 01:18:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 05:08:56PM +0100, Joachim Schrod wrote:

   > Can somebody recommend a command-line tool to change _one_ ID tag
   > in an MP3 file? (I want to change the Genre tag, all other tags
   > shall stay with the old values.)

I use mp3tag in the mp3blaster package for this. It is very easy to use
and fast. In your case, something like this will suffice :

  mp3tag -r -g 032 *.mp3

I am assuming all the songs have to be tagged with the same genre.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Q:	What is orange and goes "click, click?"
A:	A ball point carrot.