7.10 Install turned Windows partition into swap space!

Michael R. Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Wed Feb 20 21:27:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 22:50 +0200, Alexandra Zaharia wrote:
> On 2/20/08, Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org> wrote:
>

> Hello Michael,
>
> All this *does* sound odd... What puzzles me though is that you say
> that the Windows-turned-into-swap partition doesn't get used and it's
> not even present in /etc/fstab... If it's really not used, then you
> should see "0 / 0" swap space used at "top". What does top output?

/dev/sda5 is the swap partition and is setup just fine.

What I'm saying is that the install process initialized _two_ swap
partitions. One was the resized windows partition, the other was a newly
created partition. The newly created partition is up and running as swap
just fine.

(cat /proc/swaps shows this as expected)

--
Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/