help !

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:23:33 UTC 2008

On 18/02/2008, jony podder <josara at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi.
> i'm using ubuntu 7.10 version. but no internet access with Huawei ETS 2258
> and ETS 2058 fixed terminal... please help me somebody ....
>
> apurba

Apurba, if you want people to help you, you must do three very important things.

First, try to help yourself. There is a website that crawls the
internet and helps one find information based upon terms that he
enters into a form on the website. It is called Google and can be
found at http://google.com. Enter the terms "linux Huawei" into the
form at Google and you will have the answer to your problem without
even needing to write to the list and wait for a reply.

If that doesn't help, then the second thing that you must do is to
open your email client and write a descriptive subject. Your subject,
"help!" does not describe the problem that you are having. A better
subject would be "How to connect to the internet with a Huawei fixed
terminal phone". The model number you can put in the message body.
Thus, people familiar with Huawei devices or fixed terminal phones in
general will be attracted to your message.

The third and final thing that you must do is state what you need and
tell how you tried to solve the problem by yourself. This has two
advantages. One, other people will see that you made an honest effort
before taking up list bandwidth. Two, they won't tell you to search
google when you've already done that.

Good luck and I hope that you solve your connection issue.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.