Partition Reorganization / OK - back to track again ! ;-)

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Wed Feb 20 08:11:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 08:25 +0100, Nils Kassube wrote:
> SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> > I was able to modify GRUB while it starts:
> > Changing its entry from hd0.1 to hd0.2 brought back my system !! ;-)
>
> Glad it works :)
>
> > Now I am not sure if my modification lasts or
> > if I have to do something  more !?
>
> No, it isn't persistent. You should modify the file /boot/grub/menu.lst
> and save your modifications there. Then from the working system run the
> command
>
> grub-install /dev/sda
>
> in a terminal. Attention: In a previous mail you wrote something of hda*
> not sda*. So better check what the drive is called in the working system
> and if the partition names are hda*, the command would
> be "grub-install /dev/hda".
> Nils

Hi Nils
Yes, I am also very happy I got back to track !
Have checked and studied menu.lst and fstab and
have modified it as shown in the attached docs:

Could you check it, please ?
Any suggestion for correctures or improvement ??
Any further actions needed ???

Apparently everything seems OK and IO am able
to boot resp reboot both of my OS'es without any
kicks and tricks. ;-)

Thanks a lot & cheers, svobi