eclipse-pydev: New upstream release 1.3.13 avaible

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Feb 18 14:19:01 UTC 2008

Kristian Rink wrote:

> Am Sun, 17 Feb 2008 22:15:05 +0100
> schrieb Dennis Martin Herbers <d2kxweb at web.de>:
>
>> Package: eclipse-pydev
>> Version: 1.2.5-2
>> Severity: wishlist
>>
>> There is a much more recent upstream release (1.3.13) avaible...
>> please update it...
>
> <rant>
> Same as there's a new version of Eclipse SDK (3.3.x) available...
> Somehow I always questioned the idea of packing up Eclipse (which in
> itself contains a rather strict package management including
> dependencies and versions) in even another package management just to
> having it installable via apt/aptitude/synaptic.

Much as I love apt, I am coming to the same realization.  I have a project
that really needs Eclipse 3.3, and there's little likelihood we'll see it
packaged for Hardy+1 at this point, let alone Hardy.

Similarly, I'm doing Plone development and have given up on Ubuntu being
anywhere close to the stable trailing-edge (_not_ the bleeding edge) of
Plone, and am now using the unified installer (got to learn buildout) and
easy_install.

--
derek