SMBMOUNT?-Solved

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Feb 18 12:45:47 UTC 2008

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> --- Nick Stinemates <nick at stinemates.org> wrote:
> 	Snip
>

>>>> Take a look at smbfs.
>>>>
>>>> I use it in the following fashion:
>>>>     mount -t smbfs -o
>>>> username=<user>,password=<pass>
>>>>
>> //10.0.0.23/<samba
>>
>>>> mount point> /mnt/<local mount point>
>>>>
>>>> Good luck
>>>> Nick Stinemates

    I went looking for smbfs in info mount and found it. But it says
there that the current mount does not support smbsf. So I wonder how you
discovered that this works? It talked to mount version 2.12 as not
working. I see we have version 2.13 on my Ubuntu so perhaps that is why
it works.

    It starts out like the usual manual mount call but then it uses -o
to let you include name and password  and then the "//10.0.0.23/<samba
mount point>" I have no idea where you found that :-)

    Maybe under NFS mounting?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI