cdrom mounting problems ?

Peter Diercks di at jls-hh.de
Sun Feb 17 17:24:54 UTC 2008

Hello List,

Has this problem been solved in the meantime? I "lost" my cdrom drive,
too. It happened while trying to start a music cd. The drive did not
manage to read the disk and stopped working, though it had read the cd
several times before. The cd (a commercial one) is ok. Anyway, from that
moment on my cdrom has virtually disappeared, and I don't know how to
reactivate it. The system keeps telling me the drive cannot be mounted:

   mount: special device /dev/scd0 does not exist

Any new ideas?

Greetings,

Peter