Slave Drive (resend)

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Feb 16 12:41:43 UTC 2008

Wayne Smith wrote:
> Nils Kassube wrote:
>
>> Wayne Smith wrote:
>>

>>> If I format the master
>>> drive, will that wipe out my files on slave also??? If so, how do I
>>> separate it from the filesystem????
>>>

>> Not sure what you mean with "format the master drive". Usually you don't
>> format a drive but a partition. You should never format a partition which
>> is mounted. In a terminal use the umount command for the partition you
>> want to format. And watch for error messages - only format it if there
>> are no umount errors. Then no files on any other partition are lost.
>>

>> Nils
>>

> What I mean is, if I were to reinstall Ubuntu on that drive.

    Which is 'that' drive? Right now it appears you have Umbuntu in one
partition on a hard drive I will call drive A. You have the "Slave
Drive" which has at least one partition and we can call that hard drive B.

    Which drive are you planning to install Ubuntu on, drive A or B?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User