Slave Drive

Wayne Smith AdminPublisher at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 16 04:43:02 UTC 2008

Wayne Smith <AdminPublisher <at> earthlink.net> writes:

> Anybody have any pointers about how to setup a slave drive???? I just
> want to use it separately from the Filesystem as storage for my files.
>
> I put it in the computer and formatted it with QTParted. For some
> reason, though, it's not listed in Computer, and I have no idea how to
> mount it up otherwise and use it.

The drive I'm trying to use is a Western Digital 80gb hard drive. I want to use
it separately from my filesystem as storage for my files. I have it setup as a
slave drive apart from the master drive. I managed to get it mounted by
reformatting it in ext3 with QTParted and rebooting the computer. Now, however,
it says the drive belongs to root and I can't read or write to it. It's an IDE
drive.