Lightscribe

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 16 04:17:41 UTC 2008

On 02/15/2008 07:59 PM, Wayne Smith wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

>>> Correction: It looks like the converted alien file is owned by root,
>>> as well as my slave drive.
>>>

>> No idea regarding your slave drive (you provided no details), but you
>> can change it with sudo chown -R  and chmod -R but I recommend that you
>> provide some details before you attempt trying any of those commands.
>> You can seriously screw up your permissions if you are not careful &
>> then we'd have a very long (or short) thread depending on the outcome.
>>
>> As for your converted alien file(s), here is the easiest for you perhap.
>> >From a terminal:
>>
>> gksu nautilus
>>
>> That will bring up nautilus in root mode. You can then browse to the
>> file(s) (home, your username/directory, then the location where the
>> files are located) and right-click. Select "Properties" and then
>> "Permissions". You can then change the owner to whatever your system allows.
>>
>> Note: careful with that one as well... you are now in a root browser and
>> can change/delete, etc., any file on the system. So use some caution &
>> common sense when in that application.
>>

> Sorry it took so long to reply. What info or details do you need on the
> Slave Drive????

I suggest that you ask questions regarding your slave drive in the other
thread that you started regarding this device:

<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/136049>

From: Wayne Smith <AdminPublisher at earthlink.net>
Subject: Slave Drive
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:46:02 -0600

However, as a hint; you need to provide (in that thread) some actual
details as to what you are trying to hookup/install. It does no good to
post a question:

> Anybody have any pointers about how to setup a slave drive???? I just
> want to use it separately from the Filesystem as storage for my files.
>
> I put it in the computer and formatted it with QTParted. For some
> reason, though, it's not listed in Computer, and I have no idea how to
> mount it up otherwise and use it.

get several replies, and then never respond to any of them.