vCalendar for claws-mail and Evolution calendar interaction?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 15 18:59:21 UTC 2008

On 02/15/2008 07:40 AM, sktsee wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 18:08 +0900, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a way to get a vCalendar event created in
>> claws-mail to get into the Evolution calendar? The interface for
>> entering the vCalendar looks so much like Evolution that I mistakenly
>> thought the two are integrated. However, this seems not to be the
>> case. Any ideas on how one might transfer information between the two?
>>
>> Regards, Gernot
>>

> If claws can export to .vcf (vCalendar) files, then Evolution can import
> it. Unfortunately, the reverse isn't true as Evolution can only export
> to the iCalendar format (.ics).

Perhaps?

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=claws-mail+%2Bvcalendar>
  http://www.claws-mail.org/plugin.php?plugin=vcalendar
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/mail/claws-mail-vcalendar-plugin

Evolution can also export as .cvs and rdf; and looking at the import tab
shows:

Berkely Mailbox (mbox)
Evolution CSV or Tab (.csv, .tab)
Mozilla CSV or Tab (.csv, .tab)
Outlook CSV or Tab (.csv, .tab)
VCard (.vcf, .gcrd)
LDAP ... (.ldif)
vCalendar files (.vcf)
iCalendar files (.ics)

This indicates that claws-mail vcalendar plugin can also export to .ics:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13796
[turn off colors on your browser for easier reading]

 If so, then perhaps using .ics both directions might work.