Printer invisible thru USB-switch

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Fri Feb 15 13:47:36 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 11:40 +0100, Tom Rausner wrote:
> Hi, again !
>
> I still haven't got my USB-switch to work in spite of all the good
> advice from this list. I've been doing som googleing on the internet,
> and it seems that this switch has been proven to work with SOME linux
> versions (as far as I can see; SuSe and Debian). So i thoughed 'why not
> Ubuntu?
>
> There is no software involved coz it's plug and pray, so that can't be
> the problem. Does anyone have an explanation to why it's transparent to
> Windozer but not to Ubuntu. Maby that would give me some ideas on how to
> eliminate the problem.
>
> Tom

Starting new threads with this same subject probably is not going to get
any more help than the thread from 12 hours ago that did get you help.
It just serves to confuse those trying to read the list.

Did you check the compatible printer list as suggested by NoOp?

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101216.asp

Just because it is compatible with some versions does not mean it will
work with the version of Ubuntu you have loaded.

good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz