MESSAGE BODY TOO BIG ????????????????

Neil hok.krat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 11:05:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Bernard Peek <bap at shrdlu.com> wrote:
> Neil wrote:
>
>  > I clicked on the reply button beneath your mail, because the
>  > information included in your mail was important. I assumed he'd read
>  > it, and didn't think it would cause confusion.
>  > Gmail has no problems with threading that I know of. It just groups
>  > the mails neatly into conversations so they are easy to read (I'd hate
>  > to lose that perfect feature because people see it as a problem).
>
>  Gmail doesn't support threading at all. It groups message by subject, so
>  if someone alters a subject line Gmail starts a new thread. That leads
>  to acrimonious flame-wars in some newsgroups where this is incompatible
>  with the house-style.

Okay, I can see a problem forming in that case. Not one I'd be unable
to solve IF the subject change has some logic to it. As for now, I
only read Ubuntu, Suse and OfftopicSuse and they specify that a change
of subject should reflect a change in contents so there is no problem
except for accidental changes in topic (somehow RE: doesn''t qualify
as the same subject). Thanks for the warning, I didn't know this could
become a problem.

Neil

>  --
>  bap at shrdlu.com
>

>  --

There are two kinds of people:
1. People who start their arrays with 1.
1. People who start their arrays with 0.