apache2 AddDefaultCharset problem

Alexandra Zaharia f0rg3r at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 19:43:06 UTC 2008

On 2/14/08, Ashley Benton <meggalen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to watch on the configuration of my apache server
> (/etc/apache2/apache2.conf, /etc/apache2/mods-availables...)but didn't find
> it.
> May be you could try the apache mailing list if you don't get any answer.
> Good luck
> Meg

Hi Meg,

You say you "didn't find it" - I'm not sure I get this right, you didn't
find the "AddDefaultCharset" line in your apache2 config? It is supposed to
be in /etc/apache2/conf.d/charset

This ( http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#adddefaultcharset ) is
pretty much it... I don't know, apparently it doesn't have any effect now,
no matter how I'd set it ("on", "off", "utf-8", "iso-8859-whatever")...

I guess I'll try the apache mailing list, as you say, this is just *too*
weird (it all worked perfectly neat, according to the documentation and
stuff until the last update).

Thanks,

Alex.