Fwd: No rt* modules on alternate cd: Was Alternate Gutsy CD-Debootstrap Error Installing Base System-Failed To Determine Code Name Of Release

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 14 03:20:09 UTC 2008

--- Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:10:05 -0800 (PST)
> From: Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Alternate Gutsy CD-Debootstrap Error
> Installing Base System-Failed To Determine Code Name
> Of Release
> To: User Mail List-Ubuntu
> <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> This has happened twice but got around it somehow on
> first install with a minimal installation, finally
> got
> everything installed like I wanted it then X quit.
> It
> was the flakiest install I've ever seen and can't
> figure it. Was using expert mode to keep /home in
> tact.
> Anyone know what's going on here and how to correct?
>
> First time that I've come across a debootstrap error
> and don't know what it is.
> Appreciate your help,

Got around the debootstrap error by formating earlier
in the process and things went good until about 83% in
the "install software" process.  The install hung
there for about 2 hours on installed "Tomboy Notes".
Found it at 97 % and it completed shortly.  Then I
reboot and start setting up the wlan interface but no
wireless in Network.  Checked my /lib/mods and no rt*
entries to be found. Even ran recovery mode and a
shell to search for the rt* mods but none found. Now
they must be there because I connected on the first
install from the same disk. Without the rt61pci
module, I can't get on line.
Would appreciate anyone who can shed some light on
what is happening and a way to correct.  Getting to be
exasperating and desperate.
TIA,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net