Creative Live Pro webcam

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 14 00:42:01 UTC 2008

On 02/13/2008 02:59 PM, Thomas Kaiser wrote:
> David Vincent wrote:
>>> We have to know what chipset your cam is using. There are a lot of Howto's,
>>> forum post and mail archives around how you can find it out.
>>
>> Ok, I'll start digging.  Any pointers to save me time are welcome.
>>

> The easiest, just open the cam and look what is written on the chip inside ;-)
> (You will loose warranty when you do this :-))
> You can find some information in the .inf file from the Windoz driver. Hunt the
> Windoz registry down can help sometime, too.
>
> Thomas

Perhaps:

<http://connect.creativelabs.com/opensource/Lists/Webcam%20Support/AllItems.aspx>
WebCam Live! VF0080	0x041e	0x4038	Might Work:
http://gkall.hobby.nl/sq930x.html

Might be of some use? No, idea if it will, I just recall seeing that
creative page previously and had another look to see if 041e:4038 was
listed.

Regarding these windows working webcams... is there perhaps a way to use
them via Wine or with something like an ndiswrapper that is used for
windows nic cards etc?