Creative Live Pro webcam

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Feb 13 22:12:39 UTC 2008

David Vincent wrote:
> Then there's this page which says it works on Feisty and should work on
> later Ubuntus as long as you have the linux-headers installed.  I do,
> it still doesn't work.  And no /dev/video0 etc.

Well, installing the headers doesn't help identifying the device. But the
headers would be needed to compile a kernel module for the webcam.

> http://tonylog.altervista.org/2007/10/18/how-to-install-the-web-cam-cre
>ative-live-on-ubuntu-linux/
>
> Little help?  (Tony's instructions are pretty...umm...slim on details.)

Then, maybe you should ask Tony about some more details and if his webcam
has the same USB ID like yours. Sometimes manufacturers change the
hardware without changing the product name.

Nils