Ubuntu Server & VMware

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Feb 13 21:58:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 22:30:17 +0100
Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:

> > I've just set up Ubuntu Server 7.10 & VMware Server.  I want to disable
> > unneeded services in Ubuntu to maximize the performance of VMware, whats the
> > best way to go about that?
>
> It can be done on the command line obviously, but I don't remember the
> command name(s). I use "bum" instead, a convenient GUI. It's in the
> "universe" repository.

Forgot that you were using Ubuntu server, so maybe you didn't install a
GUI. Still, I remember trying a command line program with anice ncurses
UI, might even be installed by default... but I don't recall the name
of it !

Someone will no doubt come up with the name of that convenient program,
hopefully.

--
Vince