HDD / Partition reorganization / IM-possible !?

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Wed Feb 13 04:15:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 07:44 -0800, Steve Grace wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 19:25 +0800, SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> > Hi Daniele
> > Thanks for your feedback and suggestion !
> >
> > Of course I have checked the usage of that partition and
> > I had defragmented it a few times already !!
> >
> > Only about little more than 10GB is used out of 40GB but
> > there are some "green marked" system data in midst of that
> > partition which seem to block further shrinking/s !!!
>
> Try turning off System Restore and the Recycle Bin for the C: drive,
> then defragment again.

Hi Steve
Thanks for feedback and pointing to System Restore and
the Recycle Bin !

Yes, System Restore has always been OFF here on all systems !!

Well, the Recycle Bin shall be emptied quite regularly too but
I may check and clean/clear once more !!!

Courious thoughts:
The display shows exactly 3 "green system" marks in different sizes and
there are 3 users !?

Could this be the UN-holy link ? ;-)

Cheers, svobi