HDD / Partition reorganization / IM-possible !?

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Wed Feb 13 04:06:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 18:52 +0100, Thomas Kaiser wrote:
> SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux wrote:
> > Hi Daniele
> > Thanks for your feedback and suggestion !
> >
> > Of course I have checked the usage of that partition and
> > I had defragmented it a few times already !!
> >
> > Only about little more than 10GB is used out of 40GB but
> > there are some "green marked" system data in midst of that
> > partition which seem to block further shrinking/s !!!
> >

> I think I did read somewhere that the NTFS file system put some meta data in the
> middle of the partition. That's might be the reason why you can only shrink half
> of the partition. But I am not sure. On the other hand the shrink tool should be
> able to handle these meta data.
>
> No real help, I guess.
>
> How about manual partition the HD during the install of Windoz? This should be
> possible.
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas
It seems you are right with your assumption:
Windoof once more seems to play ugly on strange ground !?

I will give a try with gparted 0.3.4.11 today ...
... but I fear it will end the same way like my other tools. ;-(

Mentally every try to hlep is very appreciated and welcome ! ;-D

About manual partitioning:
I just re-installed this system completely from scratch as original
from manufacturer and dislike to repeat again. ;-(

May be, as another feedback too mentioned / recommended this
I really fear I will have to. ;-((

Cheers and thanks to all the other feedback/s too
svobi