Slave Drive

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Feb 12 07:10:10 UTC 2008

Wayne Smith wrote:
> Anybody have any pointers about how to setup a slave drive???? I just
> want to use it separately from the Filesystem as storage for my files.
>
> I put it in the computer and formatted it with QTParted. For some
> reason, though, it's not listed in Computer, and I have no idea how to
> mount it up otherwise and use it.

Maybe it is already mounted automatically under the /media directory?
Other than that, iI you want it mounted permanently at a specific
location, make an entry in your fstab. Use the command

gksu /etc/fstab

in a terminal to modify the file. If you only want to mount it
occasionally, use the mount command. Type

man -a fstab mount

in a terminal to find out the syntax of the fstab file and the mount
command.

Nils