audio streaming

Linda Hanigan haniganwork at earthlik.net
Mon Feb 11 16:42:12 UTC 2008

I have the gstreamer version of Totem, I added gstreamer0.8-mms and it
show libmms0 also installed. It still doesn't work, but it now says the
following in the error message.
No URI handler implemented for "mms".

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 11:54 -0900, Bob Cortez wrote:
> Read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Media_Services and
> then look for the proper download
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/libs/gstreamer0.8-mms
>
> Depending whether you are using the xine or gstreamer library version
> of Totem you can also open up synaptic with universe/multivers enabled
> and search for the mms plugin.  I'm using the gstreamer version and
> was able to play your mms link after downloading and installing the
> proper codec.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Bob

I have the gstreamer version of Totem, I installed gstreamer0.8-mms and
it show libmms0 also installed. It still doesn't work, but it now givess
the following in the error message.
No URI handler implemented for "mms".

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
                     Thanks