How to load squid was Re:localhost

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Sun Feb 10 22:41:39 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> On 02/10/2008 02:09 PM, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
>> Paul wrote:
>>>
>>> Good, that's settled then.
>> Kind of odd that the guy at
>>
>> http://tonyseno.blogspot.com/2008/01/configuring-squid-on-ubuntu.html
>>
> [snip]
>> *shrug*
>>

> Now boys... :-)
> [listmom]

Sorry, mommy... :-p

Yes, I've run into cases where screwing up hostnames can cause fun
problems.  In the times I've set up Squid, though, it usually was more
tolerant of that error or at least have errors logged to the logs Squid
keeps that would point out DNS/hostname-related errors, or at least
setting it to your own host IP seemed to work.

I've never had it run into a problem where it killed X, though (squid,
that is).