Another WIFI Issue Involving WMP54G & /etc/hosts

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 10 20:59:22 UTC 2008

Ok, I know know the interesting history, good.
If I knew how to burn to cd the /etc/hosts file in my
new machine, I'd copy it to the old one and be done
with it.  However, for whatever reason, The old
machine which I just shutdown to install the wifi
card, doesn't have a /dev/filename in /dev and no
entry in fstab for the cdrom drive. Both machines are
on gutsy.
I guess I'll just have to reinsall or nano it in
there.
Thanks for trying,
You know, I've asked if there is a way to reestablish
the /etc/host file to this list before and have never
got a direct answer to the question. I've also been
told not to just reinstall but post your problem and
we'll help you fix it.  Well not trying to PO anyone
or start a flame war, from where i sit, that ain't
always so. I'm no geek linux expert but if people
would just answer the direct questions it would be
helpful to me as I generally know what needs to be
fixed, just don't know how.
Just to give the helpful people on the list a
non-expert view of how the list could be more helpful
to me, not just to bitch.  If it sounds that I'm
getting frustrated, well I am very much so and have
been trying to iqnore it but everyone has their
limits.
Thanks for your ear,

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/06/msg00938.html