How to load squid was Re:localhost

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Feb 10 16:44:07 UTC 2008

jim barnes wrote:
> On Sunday 10 February 2008 08:48:08 am jim barnes wrote:
>
>> Not knowing if you are using a gui to admin squid, i.e. swat or webmin,
>> we'll look squid.conf directly.
>>

> Oops, forget swat, that's for samba, doh!                          ^^^
> Jim Barnes
> --
> Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you;
> if you don't bet, you can't win.            -Lazarus Long
> --
> Linux 2.6.22.16-0.2-default

    I am using /etc/squid.conf to control squid. This is how it should
be. You do not need a thing to control it but an editor.

    What I want to do is from a web page and I had it running in Fedora
8 just fine. The web page is:

http://www.melvilletheatre.com/articles/squid-privoxy/index.html

This is written for a Fedora user but I see no reason yet why it will
not work on Ubuntu.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI