problems with kde 4

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Fri Feb 8 17:36:39 UTC 2008

Hi,
I'm running kubuntu 7.1 and I've updated to kde 4 as soon as it became
available in the repositories. There were a lot of problems, in particular:
1) each plasmoid on the desktop is not usable, for instance a folder cannot be
open, a file cannot be see, and so on;
2) kwallet always crashes at startup, and then if started manually, runs;
3) all quick start icons in the panel do not start the application (I guess
this is similar to the plasmoid problem);
4) a lot of menu entry are without the right icon.

Now I've upgraded to 4.0.1, and the problem are even more: all the programs in
the menu have no more icons, the file manager often crashes, and the system
is in general not stable. Anyone else with similar problems? Any solution to
this?

Thanks,
Luca