Cloner source and destination addresses

elmo elmo at ne.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 01:58:38 UTC 2008

I'm having difficulty  getting a  cloner to work in ubuntu.   I want to
clone my ubuntu 7.10  onto an external hard drive partition.

I have ' UNSTOPCP ' installed  in Windows  and it works fine----just
type in  the source  and destination partition names,  ie.,  C: and H:
(H: is a NTFS partition on an  external hard drive).    The cloning
starts and continues to completion.

The Linux version,  ' UNSTOPCP.GZ  ' in UBUNTU provides a similar space
for entering the source and destination addresses but there is no
explanation of the form of addresses that should be used.

My ubuntu is in /dev/sda2 and I want to clone it to an external hard
drive ext3 partition in /dev/sdb3 so I tried using these as the source
and destination respectively............ The cloning action starts but
stops immediately.

I imagine that another cloner (clonemaxx) that is available for ubuntu
calls for a source and destination as any cloner would.
What form of address for source and destination does clonemaxx call
for?   Suppose that the source partition is /dev/sda2 and destination is
/dev/sdb3.   Would they be entered in this form in clonemaxx?

elmo