Viewing a separate X display (separate screens)

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 00:27:09 UTC 2008

I have successfully established separate screens using an Nvidia
adaptor, w/ TV-out.  I can't believe how painless it is, after the
years of dealing with video parameters!  Wow!

So in my classroom, I am able to work on a full-resolution desktop on
my desk, while the class may be viewing a video clip.  It would be
very convenient to be able to control the second (TV) display from the
desktop LCD display, in a window perhaps.

I do not want a cloned display, and the other set up I used with
twinview is a PITA, because my desktop display is constrained to the
resolution of the TV.

Is there a way to open a window to "spy" on the second display screen?

Thank you,

Alan

--
Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan

"It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
       ---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man