Getting Skype webcam working

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Thu Feb 7 21:41:09 UTC 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 6:59 PM, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> Actually, we don't have enough information yet to know if that's true.

Well, I don't see you rolling up your sleeves to further investigate
the problem; it is easy enough to spout platitudes.

These days, Linux/Ubuntu/yourdistrohere hardware support is generally
very, very good. For the most part, you plug it in and it works. Gone,
thankfully, are the days when you had to spend days tweaking this
stuff. Moreover, most hardware is basically now a comodity; hence, if
it isn't Linux-compatible, just buy something that is. You save
yourself so much grief. I am sure that Karl will make some Windows
user very happy with the gift of that webcam. And for twenty bucks he
will shortly have one that will Just Work.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam