Fwd: Re: Linksys WMP54G Wireles Adaptor Wont Work; Or I Don't Know How To

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 7 17:39:22 UTC 2008

<http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_CASupport_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1166859843981&packedargs=sku%3D1150490054358&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=4398154358B03&displaypage=download>

http://www.gs1.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=653179

> > Good luck & hope you get it working.
 Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Well List,
I've quit trying to fix the  WMP54G card.  Tried all
the drivers, even used a different kernel that had the
rt61 driver and got the ra0 interface recognized but
it seems to require IOv6 which 2WIRE doesn't supply.
My knowledge of wireless setup if limited(n othing
really) so I'll try to buy another supported card.

Would appreciate anyone having wifi pci card that is
working under gutsy to reply to the list or to me
directly with the model No. and version no. One
preferably that just works out of the box or with
minimal manual settings.  Just visited man iwconfig
today for first time. I have all the @wire setup info
I need but no experience with iwconfig.
Any recommendations are desperately needed  by me and
I will revview Ubuntu's howto on wireless network
setup now.
TIA,

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net