Live CD Possible MBR Error

Daniel Shephard daniel.shephard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:24:20 UTC 2008

Hey Philippe,

I did not click on the regular install at all. Merely picked the first
option of 'Start or Install Ubunto' and it loaded into the RAM/CD based OS.

Now when booting it keeps a 'BIOS' looking black screen and requests that I
select Windows Vista or a previous version of Windows and once selected it
gives an error. I do not have the computer in front of me but the error gave
a memory location (something like 0xc00001) and then an obscure file name.
(It has actually given me two different file names).

It also suggested that I use the Vista disk to repair the problem. Upon
using the Vista disc it said there was an error 'in the hardware' and then
once I told it to repair the error it took about 25 minutes 'repairing' and
then said that the repair failed and told me to contact my administrator.

I'll try and replicate the error messages and send them to you if this is
not specific enough.

Thanks for any help!

-Daniel