raw1394 permissions

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Feb 5 22:52:02 UTC 2008

Alfred JILKA wrote:
> got a short question, which hopefully does not require a too long answer:
> whenever I connect my DV-camera the device-file is recreated with
> permissions 755.
> This is not sufficient for Kino to import data from there.
    If your device file is in the /dev directory I know how to fix the
permissions and odd that they are not root.

    I have a camera with a USB plug and when I plug it in I see the hard
drive light flicker. I know something is being done. What is the device
name you are seeing. I want to see if my camera is there too.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User