Ethernet Card

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:48:22 UTC 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 2:33 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>

> > 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Unknown device 10c0 (rev
> 02)
> >         Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0238
> >         Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 21
> >         Memory at fdfc0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
> >         Memory at fdfff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
> >         I/O ports at fe00 [size=32]
> >         Capabilities: <access denied>
> >
> > Model : Dell Vostro 200
>

> Have a look at:
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3370406
>
> Doing some googling points to this as being relevant to your problem....

Hi Again

I have installed the e1000 module, I am able to connect to the internet only
when i do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon dsl-provider. Every now
and then i have to do this for connecting to the Internet. I have configured
ADSL over PPPOE using sudo pppoeconf and it has created pppoe_on_boot script
also but I am unable to connect to the internet.

Again i have to do the sudo killall pppd and then do sudo pon dsl-provider
to connect to the internet and then it works fine. Also NetworkManager
Applet 0.6.4 keeps on rotating to get the network address.

Please let me know if you need any further information from me.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal.