USB Router Support?

Willis Taylor gods-servant at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 1 08:17:27 UTC 2008

Karl Auer wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 01:26 -0600, Willis Taylor wrote:
>
>> If I were not sending this to you using Ubuntu 7.10 and the
>> 2Wire1000SW at this very moment I would be inclined to believe you.
>> Adding to the disbelief situation is the fact that when I tested the
>> system from the Live CD, everthing tested Go.
>>

> Sorry to be pedantic, but can you just confirm that, in some
> configuration, you had stuff connected to the router via the router's
> USB port *and*, simultaneously, via the router's ethernet port and
> everything was working?
>
> If the answer is "yes", then I am mightily surprised and have no further
> idea what the problem might be.
>
> Regards, K.

Yes.  If I boot the main computer in windows as I did to download one of
my mail accts. yesterday, it is on the modem with the USB cable abd at
the same time this unit, my test bed was being used to send replys to
these inquiry's.  At the same time my wife was on line preparing to
teach today's lesson to the children and she plugs into the USB on her
unit with the HPNA.  The problem only occurs when I boot the main unit
in Ubuntu and then the only computer that looses the router/modem is the
main computer.  the test bed, this unit, and my wifes unit both
communicate and connect to the web.  That puts her unit on the HPNA and
this one on the LAN Card connected via the Cat5.