USB Network Support

Willis Taylor gods-servant at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 1 06:04:01 UTC 2008

I see several are helping me work this through and I extend my gratitude
to each of you.  I will review the messages as soon as I finish this to
insure I have answered each point.
lsusb reads;
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 04a9:10b6 Canon, Inc.
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 05da:30d9 Microtek International, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 047d:1022 Kensington
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 06a3:0471 Saitek PLC
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 1630:0042
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 045e:00db Microsoft Corp.
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 03eb:3301 Atmel Corp. at43301 4-port Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Now, on the matter of the 2Wire 1000SW, when I fire the main computer up
aka. No. 1, in Windows it is connected to the 2Wire via USB and
communicates with the internet as well as the other two computers (my
test bed and my wifes unit.)  The 2Wire has the ability to support over
two hundred computers at the same time and is a PPoE Device, the same as
is the 1700HG unit.  I am working from my test bed running on Ubuntu
7.10 W/KDE desk top installed.  The unit having the trouble is a clean
KDE install v&.10

My daughter said there is icecream so I'll get to the review of the
emails in the next hour.  Thank you gentlemen, very much.