Bluetooth audio stuff

Tony Yarusso tonyyarusso at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 23:28:52 UTC 2008

Okay, so here's what I'm trying to do:
Pieces:
Mobile phone with Class 2 (10m) bluetooth support
Desktop computer
Class 1 (100m) bluetooth USB dongle
Class 1 bluetooth headset

Desired behavior:
Be playing music from the computer, and listening anywhere in the
house using the headset over the long-range class 1 link.  When
someone calls my phone, it would talk to the computer, which would
then pause the music and route the call to the headset, where I could
then answer it.  After I hanging up, the music will play again.  I
know many headsets support the music/phone switching thing when
connected directly to the phone as a separate device, but since the
phone has a shorter range I'd like to send everything through the
class 1 dongle on the computer.

Does anyone know how to accomplish all of that?

On a related note, does anyone know of a Class 1, stereo (A2DP)
headset?  I've only found stereo class 2 and mono class 1 so far.

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/