How do I "downgrade" evolution and evo-xchange to 2.21?

Peter N. Spotts pspotts at alum.mit.edu
Tue Dec 30 15:56:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 09:28:34 -0500
"Brian McKee" <brian.mckee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Peter N. Spotts
> <pspotts at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> > In looking at Ubuntu's forums, someone ran into a similar problem
> > and said he'd solved it by downgrading Evolution to 2.1 (which I
> > interpret as 2.21), setting up exchange, then going through the
> > on-line upgrade
>
> I don't have any insight into your Evolution issue, but you can
> downgrade packages using Synaptic.
>
> <lifted verbatim from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=431146>
>
> Open the manager and search for the package in question. Once found,
> highlight the package and go to the menu item "Packages." Then click
> on "Force Version." Synaptic manager will then alert you to the
> packages that will be added or removed.
>
> Brian

Many thanks, Brian. And it didn't solve the problem either. So we're
back to square one on the inability to connect...

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"