dvd player

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Mon Dec 29 12:33:53 UTC 2008

dwain wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:59 AM, steve <sfreilly at roadrunner.com
> <mailto:sfreilly at roadrunner.com>> wrote:
>
>     or... if you like you can just download it from the vlc site
>
>     http://download.videolan.org/pub/libdvdcss/1.2.9/deb/
>

> thanks for the info.  i downloaded the 1.2.10 version from medibuntu.
> does anyone see a problem with using that version as opposed to the
> vlc version?
>
> now about installation.  as i have stated in an earlier post, i am a
> lost babe in the woods when it comes to linux.  my life has been all
> windoze up to this and i still use xp because of certain graphics
> software i have become accustomed to using.  so would i:
>
> sudo install /location/filename?
>
> cheers,
> dwain
>
> --
> "Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran
Hi, if you got it from Synaptic or apt-get install   filename, it is
installed,
If you downloaded the file, open a terminal change to into the folder
you downloaded it to,
probably went to your home folder if so just open terminal and type sudo
dpkg -i install press enter
and type your password then press enter and it should install.

Try googling for linux terminal tutorials plenty of good reading :-)
Take Care
Winton