xsession.errors next question

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Sun Dec 28 16:32:26 UTC 2008

H.S. wrote:
> Ray Parrish wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Here is the error message -
>>>
>>>   PID TTY          TIME CMD
>>>  6365 ?        00:00:00 pulseaudio
>>> ** Message: GetValue variable 1 (1)
>>> ** Message: GetValue variable 2 (2)
>>>
>>> The two lines about getvalue go on repeating for around 5000 lines, then
>>> ends with the following -
>>>
>>> ...Too much output, ignoring rest...
>>>
>>> Anyone got any ides what's causing this?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help you can be.
>>>
>>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>>

>> Well, no one's answering, so I guess I stumped the group. On this
>> question and all of the other ones I asked about error messages in the
>> xsession file.
>>
>> I really haven't found this group to be much of a help yet with any
>> errors I encounter. I do learn a little bit from the answers to other
>> people, but when I ask one, no-one seems to know the answer.
>>
>> Later, Ray Parrish
>>

> I read you op but couldn't find any context to see what could be the
> problem. Please explain what you were doing that caused those messages.

Well, I'm not sure what "I'm doing" to cause any errors, but I would
like to know if this is indeed pulseaudio causing the attempted load of
those two variables over and over for 5000 attempts or more. I'm sure
this is slowing my computer down if it keeps doing that.

I'm not using any sounds when this happens, it's just there right after
my computer boots up.

If it's pulseaudio causing the error, then I can dig into it to see what
the problem is.

Later, Ray Parriash

Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows