dvd player

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 05:38:20 UTC 2008

Linda wrote:
> Is it possible to attach a DVD player to your computer. My daughter has
> a really small one and I was wondering if it can some how be used to
> play dvds sending the output to the computer? I have a 64 bit machine
> and I have not gotten any of the work arounds to play encrypted dvds to
> function. I suspect I would need to add some sort of card but don't know
> where to start.
>                                Thanks

It is possible to play a video on your computer from an external dvd
player device. However, it is much simpler to just play the dvd from
your computer's dvd drive. You do have one, right? If yes, then please
give the  following command in a terminal and paste the output here:
$> dpkg -l *dvd* | grep ^i

and somebody will be able tell why you weren't able to play a dvd on
your computer.

Regards.

ever having been read.