users and groups

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 17:14:49 UTC 2008

Karl F. Larsen wrote:

>     Well it occurs to me you must have a password to make sudo work and
> I am the only one with that password. So it may not be a problem.

Either I don't understand what you mean here or you do not understand
how sudo works. If the former, please rephrase, if the latter, then:
Users belonging to 'admin' group can use sudo. When they try any command
with sudo, they are asked for *their* password not for some special
password for the sudo command.

This is how it works in Ubuntu. Now if it is possible to setup sudo to
use a special password common to everyone, I do not know about that ...
and would love to know more if you do.

ever having been read.