Problem with very low sound

Mark Pyles markfpyles at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 05:02:25 UTC 2008

Hi H.S.:

Here is what I was able to find out from your tip(which I thank you very
kindly for): (By the way, I am using Gnome)

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: STAC92xx Digital [STAC92xx Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 3: ATI HDMI [ATI HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

So I am assuming that my device is thus:        [HDA Intel], device 1:
STAC92xx Digital [STAC92xx Digital]

I also don't have a play button in my sound preferences.

After a little playing around with the preferences like you said I was
able to get my sound to work choosing Playback: ALSA PCM on front and it
seems to be working fine now Thank you!!

Mark