v4l - where are dmxdev.h and other files?

Lorenzo Luengo lluengo at dgeo.udec.cl
Thu Dec 25 06:24:50 UTC 2008

Rick Bilonick escribió:
> I am trying to compile video4linux driver in Ubuntu 8.10. The driver I'm
> trying to "make" is em28xx. I've installed all the dvb and usb packages
> and the header files. But I always get errors saying it can't find
> dmxdev.h, dvb_demux.h, dvb_net.h, and dvb_frontend.h. Others have
> reported successfully compiling v4l-dvb-kernel but I'm not having any
> luck.
>
> Rick B.

Look at this:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=contents&keywords=dmxdev.h&mode=exactfilename&suite=intrepid&arch=any

Whenever you have this kind of problem  go to http://packages.ubuntu.com
and search in the contents of packages. Most of the times it works for
resolving dependency problems like this.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

--
Lorenzo Luengo Contreras
Administrador de Sistemas DGEO