407 Proxy Authentication Required

Oguz Yarimtepe comp.ogz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 15:42:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu Hardy at a ISA Proxy server installed environment. I
had set the network proxy and there is no problem about using Firefox
for web surf.  The proxy is required username and password, and adding
the authertication username as "domain\username" is working with
network proxy settings.

When i tried to add the same settings to synaptic it didn't work.
Still i am getting the error mesage:

Failed to fetch
http://tr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/hardy/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz
 407 Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires
authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter
is denied.  )

After surfing a little some suggested to create a proxy file under
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d and editing it with ACQUIRE information. Some
suggested using the "domain\\username" format instead of the username
place. Some suggested the url-encoded format like "domain%5Cusername".
 Some prefers to use ntlmaps.

So i need to know which one is working. I though't someone at the list
had experinced with such a settings at a fresh install Hardy.

I just don't want to loose my general network proxy settings and able
to use apt when i need to install package. So even enabling apt work
from terminal will be fine.

--
Oğuz Yarımtepe
www.loopbacking.info