NFS stopped working [SOLVED]

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 22:17:02 UTC 2008

Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 09:46 -0700, John Hubbard wrote:
>
>> My laptop can no longer mount the NFS share on my server.
>>
>> jhubbard at jhubbard-laptop:~$sudo mount everest:/srv/files/media /mnt/media
>> mount.nfs: mount to NFS server 'everest' failed: RPC Error: Program not
>> registered
>>

> Sounds like rpc.mountd is not running on the server.  Run:
>
> rpcinfo -p
>
> on the server and make sure lines like:
>
>     100005    1   udp   1023  mountd
>     100005    3   udp   1023  mountd
>     100005    1   tcp   1019  mountd
>     100005    3   tcp   1019  mountd
>
> show up.  You may have to restart the kernel NFS services:
>
> sudo /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server.  I am assuming you have an Ubuntu
> server with the kernel NFS daemon support.

I tried rcpinfo -p and didn't see any of the mountd ports listed. I
tried restarting the nfs-kernal server and I saw an error about an
invalid option. I had a no_sub_tree_check instead of no_subtree_check. I
fixed the error in the exports file and now everything works. Thanks for
the advice.

--
-john

                2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
        0b11000100 || !0b11000100
        0b11000100 || 0b00111011
               0b11111111
        255, that is the answer.