Traffic Shaping on Linux

Anthony M. Rasat anthony.rasat at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 13:05:22 UTC 2008

rjubio wrote:
>Hi I was wondering if anyone had ever tried traffic shaping in linux?
>My boss wants me to use FREEBSD to implement traffic shaping on
>our network but I really want to stick on using linux in every machine.

There is a great source of knowledge on traffic shaping, the Linux Advanced Routing and Traffic Control website (http://lartc.org) which also includes examples.

The wondershaper apps which you can find in Ubuntu repository is explained in this website too.

Also there are mirrors for this website, if I recall correctly, in Ibiblio and GNU website. Google it a bit.

PS: I'm not affiliated to that website in any way. I just found it more comprehensive than any other source on traffic shaping.

--

Regards,

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Selatan 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465